Community Development Block Grant Program
The CDBG program works to ensure decent affordable housing, to provide services to the most vulnerable in our communities, and to create jobs through the expansion and retention of businesses. CDBG is an important tool for helping local governments tackle serious challenges facing their communities. The CDBG program has made a difference in the lives of millions of people and their communities across the Nation.
The annual CDBG appropriation is allocated between States and local jurisdictions called "non-entitlement" and "entitlement" communities respectively. Entitlement communities are comprised of central cities of Metropolitan Statistical Areas (MSAs); metropolitan cities with populations of at least 50,000; and qualified urban counties with a population of 200,000 or more (excluding the populations of entitlement cities). States distribute CDBG funds to non-entitlement localities not qualified as entitlement communities.
The US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) determines the amount of each grant by using a formula comprised of several measures of community need, including the extent of poverty, population, housing overcrowding, age of housing, and population growth lag in relationship to other metropolitan areas.
Millcreek Township is a CDBG Entitlement Community, which means that it receives an annual allocation of CDBG funds each year based on the HUD formula. These funds must go toward accomplishing the program's National Objectives, principally benefiting low- and moderate-income persons. Millcreek's CDBG program is administered by the Erie County Department of Planning and Community Development.
CDBG Notices and Filings
- Final Public Hearing Notice FY 2019
- FY 2019 Millcreek CDBG Draft ACTION PLAN
- Millcreek Census Map
- EXHIBIT E - FY 2019 Millcreek CDBG Project Listing Ranking Sheet
- First Public Hearing Notice FY2019
- CDBG Program Information Guidelines
- FY 2019 Application for CDBG Funding Consideration
- Fair Housing Notice (PDF)
- Five-Year Consolidated Plan for Housing and Community Development (2018)
- FY2017 CAPER Notice
- Fiscal Year 1998 to Fiscal Year 2017 Millcreek CDBG Funded Projects (PDF)