If you head outdoors, we urge you to take precautions for not only your own health and safety, but the health and safety of others by following these tips:
- Stay home as much as possible and try to recreate close to home. Do not travel long distances to parks and trails across the state.
- Practice social distancing outdoors. Do not recreate in groups and stay at least six feet from other park and trail users.
- Carry hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol with you when you head outdoors, and use it regularly. Be sure to cover all surfaces of your hands and rub together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, and nose.
- Avoid playgrounds, play equipment, benches, and other touch surfaces.
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with a tissue or flexed elbow -- even when you are outside.
- If you feel sick, please stay at home until you feel better.
In addition, Millcreek Township would like park users to note that public restrooms and water fountains have been closed or disabled, so please plan accordingly prior to leaving for a park outing.