Zoning & Development Division
Zoning & Development Office
The primary focus of the Zoning and Development Office is land use. There are a variety of methods available to Millcreek Township to regulate growth in the Township. This office is in charge of enforcing the Zoning Ordinance, which regulates the placement and usage of structures in the Township, as well as enforcing the Subdivision and Land Development Ordinance, which regulates proposed developments.
Zoning is a method to regulate land use development a community adopts to promote their vision of the community for their future. The zoning ordinance defines how each 'zone' will be developed while the zoning map identifies the 'zones'. The Zoning Office is responsible for the following activities:
- Enforcement of the Zoning Ordinance
- Appeals to the Zoning Hearing Board
- Issuance of zoning permits
- Maintenance of building records and plot plan
Please call our office to discuss any potential development, from a shed to a shopping mall complex. Our staff is always ready to answer any questions you may have for your development.
Along with the zoning ordinance, the Subdivision and Land Development Ordinance (SALDO) regulates development by assisting in the orderly, efficient, and integrated development of the Township. The Development Office is responsible for the following activities:
- Enforcement of the Subdivision and Land Development Ordinance
- Applications to the Millcreek Township Planning Commission
- Facilitating development applications
- Maintenance of subdivision and land development records
- Assisting in municipal planning
The land development process may take up to three months, or longer. Please call our office as soon as possible for any potential developments. We are always available for pre-development meetings where we will inform you of the land development process requirements.